baked avocado and egg
Because some things are better left, well, basic.
Baked avocado and egg
- 1 Avocado 🥑
- 2 Eggs 🥚
- 3-5 Basil leaves 🌿, chopped
- 1 Lime
- Smoked paprika
- Cheese 🧀
- Hot sauce 🔥
- Homemade ketchup or BBQ sauce
- The possibilities are endless, so let your creativity run wild! ✨
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C or 350°F.
- Cut the avocado lengthwise and remove the seed. Depending on the size of the seed and your eggs, use a spoon to scrape out more of the avocado and create a larger cavity. Sprinkle the inside with a dash of salt, pepper, paprika, and lime juice.
- Crack the egg into the avocado. (Do this step over a small bowl in case some of the egg whites fall out and you need to carve out a bigger hole!) Sprinkle the egg with a pinch of salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Balance avocados in a baking pan, muffin dish, on if you're feeling really adventurous, directly onto the grill in the oven. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the eggs are set to your liking.
- Remove from oven, plate, and sprinkle with lime zest and chopped fresh basil. Devour and enjoy! 😁